March 13, 2020
Change is happening hourly across the United States in response to COVID-19 worldwide pandemic and national disaster. We know that many of you, like us, are all doing your best to serve your community.
The truth is, none of us know what life will be like over the coming weeks and we have all been advised (or prohibited by) many state, national, and global governments against large group gatherings. Therefore, we have determined that the best course of action for everyone in our community at this time is to cancel the National Child Nutrition Conference entirely. We plan to issue full refunds to attendees, exhibitors, advertisers and sponsors. We ask for continued patience as we process these refunds and hope to have them all processed in the next 90 days.
We will continue to support the CACFP & SFSP community during this pandemic in any way we can. Thank all of you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.
Additionally, we are asking the USDA FNS to support the CACFP community in several ways during this pandemic. One way is to limit the spread of COVID-19 by modifying monitoring requirements. We ask that you share other concerns with us here as we advocate for flexibilities in the program during this time. You can also use this letter template to request the same from your state agency.
Finally, we encourage you to remind your program operators and participants of these following key steps in the prevention of any virus:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze or cough.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched and used objects and surfaces.
- Limit one-on-one contact (hugs, handshakes, etc.) with individuals.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick, or who appears to have symptoms of a respiratory illness.
- Stay home if you’re feeling under the weather.