- 1 1/4 cups (11 1/2 oz) canned tuna, chunk style, water packed, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh onions, chopped
- 1 cup fresh celery, chopped
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 large egg, hard boiled, peeled, chilled, chopped
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 small whole-grain rolls (1 oz each)
- 1 small fresh romaine heart lettuce
- 2 medium fresh tomato in 1/4" slices
- Drain and flake tuna.
- In a medium bowl, combine tuna, onions, celery, dry mustard, egg, mayonnaise, parsley, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir well.
- Cut the roll open.
- Using a measuring cup, scoop 1/2 cup tuna filling on the bottom bun, spreading slightly. Top with a lettuce leaf and 1/4" thick slice of tomato. Cover with the top bun.
One sandwich provides 1/2 cup vegetable, 2 oz eq. meat/meat alternate and 1 oz eq. grains.
This recipe is courtesy of
USDA Team Nutrition.