- 2 1/2 cups cooked rotini pasta
- 1/2 lb cured ham with natural juice, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 1/4 cup mixed vegetables (shredded carrots, thinly sliced celery, diced onions, cooked peas, diced bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, corn and/or diced cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- Using a medium bowl or 2-cup mason jar, add oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, lemon juice and mustard. Whisk in bowl or cover mason jar and shake well. Set aside for assembly.
- In individual cups, layer this pasta salad. First add 1/4 cup pasta, then 1/8 cup ham and 1 tbsp cheese. Top the pasta salad off with 1/8 cup vegetables and 2 tbsp of salad dressing!
- Have the children mix it up with a spoon or fork before eating it!
One pasta salad cup provides 1/2 oz eq. grains and 3/4 oz eq. meat/meat alternate