- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 2 (24 oz) jars pasta sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 3/8 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz whole wheat linguine, cooked
- In a large skillet, add carrots and just enough water that covers the carrots. Cover and boil for 10 minutes. Drain the water from the skillet.
- Add oil and onion to the skillet, cook on medium-high heat. Sauté for 8-10 minutes until onion is tender.
- Then, add sauce, sage, cheese, salt and pepper. Allow sauce to heat through until hot.
- In a small pot, add broth and beans. Heat through.
- Serve 1/4 cup linguini in a bowl then with a slotted spoon scoop 3/8 cup (6 tablespoons) of beans onto the linguine and add 1/2 cup of sauce.
One serving provides 1 1/2 oz eq. meat alternate, 1/2 oz eq. grains and 1/3 cup vegetable