- 1 (16 oz) packages firm tofu, drained
- 2 tbsp of corn starch or chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric (for color, optional)
- Vegetable oil
- 8 (1 oz) cheese slices
- 8 WGR English muffins
- Wrap the tofu with a clean towel and press to remove extra liquid. Cut the tofu in half horizontally. Then cut the tofu from the top into 8 rectangular patties
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Place each patty in the bowl and coat with the dry ingredients on all sides.
- Over medium heat, heat about 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Cook each tofu patty for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Place hot tofu patty and a slice of cheese in an English muffin. Cut in half and serve warm.
1/2 sandwich provides 3/4 oz eq. meat alternate and 3/4 oz eq. grains