- 6 whole wheat pita rounds (at least 56g or 2 oz each)
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 12 (1/4") apple slices, unpeeled and cored
- 14 (1/4") red D'Anjou pear slices, unpeeled and cored
- Cut each pita round in half to make 2 pita pockets.
- Spread 1 tbsp peanut butter in each pocket.
- Cut apple and pear slices in half. Place 2 pieces of apple and 2-3 pear slices in each pocket.
- Serve 2 pita pockets.
2 pita pockets provide 1/2 cup fruit, 1 oz eq. meat alternate and 2 oz eq. grains
This recipe is courtesy of
USDA Team Nutrition.