- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour (or 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour + 2 teaspoons baking powder)
- 1 cup mashed bananas (~2 ripe bananas)
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup unflavored milk or milk substitute
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Grease mini muffin tins with nonstick spray.
- Using a clean towel, add shredded zucchini. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Measure out 1 cup.
- In a medium bowl, add 1 cup of zucchini, banana, milk, butter eggs and sugar. Whisk until well combined.
- In a large bowl, add flour and cinnamon. Mix together with a fork or spatula. Make a well with the spatula.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour. Mix with the spatula until all ingredients are just combined. Be careful not to over mix!
- Scoop 2 tablespoons into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until fully cooked.
2 mini muffins provide 3/4 oz eq grains