- 1/8 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 (15 oz) cans roasted whole tomatoes
- 2 small red onions, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 4 (15 oz) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- Warm 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add coriander, cumin and tomatoes to the pan. Allow to cook for 6-8 minutes until tomatoes are very tender.
- Pour mixture into a blender and blend until smooth. As you blend, make sure to vent as you go. Set to side.
- In the same pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and heat over medium-low heat. Add onions and cook for 4-6 minutes until tender. Add garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep a close eye on the pan to avoid the garlic from burning!
- Pour in the broth, tomato sauce, kidney beans, salt and pepper to the pan. Stir frequently and cook for 12-15 minutes on low heat.
- Serve warm with rice.
1 cup provides 1 3/4 oz eq meat alternate and 1/4 cup vegetable