- 3 (16 oz) packages firm tofu
- 4 oranges, zested and juiced, keep separated
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1 tsp allspice powder
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp powdered ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut each tofu from the side in half, then cut all tofu into 96 even sized cubes (1" x 1/2").
- In a medium bowl, add tofu, orange zest, corn starch, allspice, salt and pepper. Toss together until tofu looks fully coated.
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder and sugar together.*
- On a heated skillet over medium heat, add the oils and cook the tofu until tofu looks golden in color.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the cooked tofu. Cook until the liquid looks a little sticky. Serve warm by itself or with rice.
8 tofu cubes provide 1 3/4 oz eq meat alternate
*for some extra kick, you can add 1 tbsp sriracha or garlic chili sauce to the liquid mixture