- 4 oz eq turkey pepperoni*
- 8 (1 oz) mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 2 - 100% whole wheat pita bread
- 24 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 dull kebab sticks
- 1 cup marinara tomato sauce
- 16 fresh basil leaves (optional)
*Need CN Label or PFS to determine correct serving size for ounce equivalency
- Cut string cheese into 4 pieces each.
- Cut pita breads in half and then cut each half into 8 triangles.
- On the kebab stick, alternate sliding on pepperoni, cheese piece, pita bread and half a cherry tomato. Repeat until kebab has 1/2 oz eq of turkey pepperoni, 4 pieces of cheese, 3 cherry tomatoes, and 4 pita triangles. Add two basil leaves to each kebab if desired. Continue this pattern for the other 7 kebabs.
- Serve 1 kebab with a 1/8 cup of marinara tomato sauce for dipping!
One kebab provides 1/2 oz eq grains, 1 1/2 oz meat/meat alternate and 1/4 cup vegetable.