- 1 cup 100% whole wheat pancake mix
- 1 cup 1% or non-fat unflavored milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 bananas, sliced in rounds
- 2 cups strawberries cut in rounds
- 8 dull wooden skewers
- Prepare 32 mini pancakes according to the instructions on the pancake mix box. Each mini pancake is 1 tbsp of pancake batter cooked.
- Place 1/2 a banana, 1/4 cup strawberries, 4 mini pancakes, and 1 skewer on a plate.
- Using the skewer, slide on a pancake, banana round and strawberry round in an alternating pattern. Repeat until all pancakes are stacked on the stick. Some of the fruit may not fit on the skewer, so leave any remaining fruit on the plate.
- Repeat assembly on 7 more plates.
One serving provides 1 oz eq grains and 1/2 cup fruit.