- 3.5 cups shredded hash brown potatoes, defrosted
- 1 small yellow onion, finely grated
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose enriched flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, add potatoes, onions, eggs, flour and salt. Mix together until you get a tacky texture. If still too wet, try adding 1 tbsp of flour at a time until the mixture is in the preferred consistency.
- In a large skillet, warm oil on medium high heat. Once oil is warmed, place 1/4 cup of potato mixture. Place as many as you can on the skillet. Cook for 3-5 minutes on one side until golden brown and repeat on the other side.
- Serve immediately with applesauce or savory yogurt dip.
Two potato pancakes provide 1/2 cup vegetable.