- 16 oz chicken breast, skinless
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 tbsp mild taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mild salsa
- 9 100% 6-inch whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium saucepan, boil the chicken for 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked and tender.
- Remove chicken from pot and place in a bowl. Shred the chicken.
- Add the cheese, taco seasoning, oil, and salsa. Mix until all the chicken is coated and cheese is distributed throughout.
- Scoop 1/3 cup of the mixture into each tortilla. Fold sides of the tortilla and then tightly roll into a burrito shape.
- Spray the top of each tortilla with oil. Place tortillas in oven for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown.
One chimichanga provides 1 1/2 oz meat/meat alternate and 1 oz grains.