- 1 package (14-16 oz) extra firm tofu
- 3 cups sticky brown rice
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 nori sheets
- In a small bowl, mix soy sauce and sugar together. Set aside.
- Slice tofu into 6 even strips. Remove as much water by placing in clean towel and slightly pressing down.
- Heat large pan on medium heat and warm the oil. Place tofu on the skillet and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Add the soy mixture and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- In a small, narrow rectangular container, add 1 cup of brown sticky rice to bottom and press down to flatten. Then add 2 strips of tofu.
- Lay out a sheet of nori and flip the container over on top of nori. Wrap nori around the rice and tofu. Seal nori by rubbing water at the ends. Cut into 4 even pieces (4 musubi). Trim excess nori. Repeat 2 more times. Serve warm.
One tofu musubi provides 1/2 oz eq whole grains and 1/2 oz meat alternate.