Special Diets Boot Camp Virtual Event
July 18, 2022
Do you plan the menus at your site? Are you in charge of making sure participants’ medical statements are in order and on file? Do you struggle with how to make meal pattern modifications to accommodate parent preferences or disabilities?
If you serve children or adults meals following the CACFP meal patterns and requirements, join us on Zoom for this two-day event, Tuesday, August 30th and Wednesday, August 31st, as we tackle the most common topics surrounding special diets in the CACFP.
Learn how to apply CACFP meal pattern substitutions or modifications with real, practical solutions to accommodate the diverse needs of children and adults participating in the CACFP. Gain the knowledge you need to help navigate through the intricacies of policy regulations and proper documentation. Get recipes and resources to provide not only safe meals, but delicious ones as well!
Topics Will Include:
- Accommodating Participants with Disabilities in Community Meals
- Intro to Meal Modifications & Special Diets
- Common Allergens & Reading the Food Label
- Wheat & Gluten-Free Meal Modifications
- Dairy Meal Modifications
- Beginners' Guide to Serving Foods to Participants with Swallowing Difficulties
- Vegetarian Meals
- Meal Modification Cooking Demonstration
- FAQ: Reinforcing Training & Managing Situations
Special Diets Bootcamp live event has now concluded. Missed the live event? You can find these sessions on-demand in our Learning Center this Fall.