- 1 (15 oz.) can of beans (black, navy or pinto), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 7 whole wheat hamburger buns
- 7 (1 oz) slices of cheese
- Lettuce and tomato to top
- Preaheat oven to 350° F.
- Place beans, chunky salsa, brown rice and salt into a food processor or blender. Pulse until mixture is combined.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of bean mixture and form into a patty, placing it on a greased baking sheet and flattening to about 1/4" thick. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then flip the patties and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve on a burger bun with a slice of cheese, lettuce and tomato.