Member Resources: Chopstick Trainer and Chinese New Year
CACFP Member Resource
February 4, 2021
These members-only resources can help you implement culturally relevant activities into your CACFP programming.
The chopstick trainer resource will show you how to create and use chopstick trainers for your CACFP participants. This activity is perfect for preparing participants for a meal that is traditionally served and eaten with chopsticks, celebrating a culturally specific holiday and developing fine motor skills. Try it with the stir fry pork with brown rice recipe from our Around the World Sample Cycle Menu.
The Chinese New Year activity pages are a perfect resource for educating young minds about an important cultural holiday. It includes:
- A brief summary of the holiday
- A song
- A game
- A craft
- A snack idea
- A coloring page
- And more!
Not a member?
Need access to these sheets?
NCA members enjoy access to this resource and many others as part of their annual membership. NCA members receive many benefits, including the following:
- Member Info Hub & Networking Forums
- Child Nutrition Today Digital Magazine
- Holiday Activity Pages & Resources
- National CACFP Week Member Materials
- Training Materials & Guides
- Nutrition Education Flyers
- Personal 2022 CACFP Nutrition Calendar
- CACFP Nutrition Calendar Training Program Access
- Parent Provider Monthly Newsletter Templates
- Motivation Moment Poster Series
- Monthly Activity Pages
- Five-Hour Training Module
- Discount to National Child Nutrition Conference
- Ability to post to our Job Opportunities page
- Policy & Regulation Updates & Call to Action
- Advocacy in Washington, D.C.