- 1 cup enriched rice
- 2 cups tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mixed vegetables, frozen
- 1 vegetable or chicken bouillon cube for seasoning (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- Dice onions and sauté in vegetable oil for five minutes.
- Add in tomatoes and bouillon and bring to light boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until the tomates reduce to a thick sauce.
- Stir in the vegetables, rice and water.
- Cover and cook for about 20 minutes, until rice has cooked and absorbed all the liquids.