- 2 1/2 cup blue corn flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Grease the mini muffin tin cups with cooking oil or butter. Once the oven is preheated, place the muffin pan into the oven.
- Using a sifter or fine mesh strainer, sift the blue corn flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder into the same bowl. Pour buttermilk onto the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Be careful not to over mix!
- Gently fold melted butter and eggs into the cornbread mixture until well incorporated.
- Remove muffin pan from oven and carefully scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture into each mini muffin cup.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes, rotating pan at the halfway point. The muffins are fully cooked when a toothpick that is inserted comes out clean.
One serving provides 1/2 oz eq grains.