- 4 1/2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 cup finely sliced red onions
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Place cabbage in a colander over the sink. Slowly pour the 4 cups of water over the cabbage. Rinse cabbage with cold water and then squeeze as much water out as possible.
- Place cabbage, carrots, onions, salt, and vinegar into the bowl. Toss well. You can serve immediately or allow to marinate for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Serve with Pupusa de Queso for a great snack!
One serving provides 1/2 cup vegetable.