Mark your schedules for these bonus trainings and networking events!
Breakfast, Coffee & Conversation
Get the day started with a five-component breakfast buffet. Grab a warm cup of your favorite caffeinated drink or select from the non-caffeinated options, too.
Wednesday and Thursday, April 20-21 | 7:00 am - 8:00 am
Start your day with the National CACFP Sponsors Association Board of Directors. Our board will be available for open conversation and to answer questions about the topics below.
8:00 am – 9:00 am
Ask Us Anything Open House
- At-Risk Afterschool Opportunities - Vicki Lipscomb
- Sponsoring Family Homes - Denise Andrews & Gabriela Rangel
- Head Start Guidance - Rhonda Kobylecky & Isabel Ramos-Lebron
- Meal Patterns – Deborah Gillison-Wilson & Alix Pasillas
- Policy & Advocacy – Alexia Thex & Kati Wagner
- Sponsoring Child Care Centers - Annetta Rutland & Robin Paul
9:15 am – 10:15 am
Ask Us Anything Open House
- Being on the NCA Board - Denise Andrews & Rhonda Kobylecky
- Succession Planning – Vicki Lipscomb & Robin Paul
- Sponsoring Adult Day Cares – Alix Pasillas & Deborah Gillison-Wilson
- Summer Food Service – Kati Wagner
- Monitoring – Annetta Rutland & Gabriela Rangel
9:30 am – 11:00 am
State Agency Collaboration
Take the opportunity to connect with other State Agency staff and participate in an open discussion to exchange ideas with one another. This session is for State Agency staff only.
Alexia Thex, National CACFP Sponsors Association
Join us for one of these two-hour sessions.
The fee is included in your registration, but due to limited space, pre-registration is required.
Friday, April 22 | 8:00 am - 10:00 am
CORE Training: Management Plans
Learn the purpose and requirements of the management plan and how it relates to the CACFP performance standards. Participants will learn the importance of monitoring, evaluating and implementing a complete and comprehensive management plan through individual and group activities.
Presented by: Arnette Cowan, MS, RD, MH Miles Company, CPA, PC
Friday, April 22 | 10:30 am - 12:30 pm
CORE Training: Trainer Success
Develop the characteristics of a successful trainer. Participants will learn and practice effective communication and active listening skills, understand adult learning styles, identify and use probing questions to land the learning, and demonstrate an understanding of trainer success techniques by participating in engaging activities.
Danni Pruitt, MH Miles Company, CPA, PC
Stephanie Sibille, Creative Horizons Training
Friday, April 22 | 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Food Safety in Child Care
Food Safety in Child Care, formerly known as Serving Safe Food in Child Care, is based on the four principles of the Fight BAC© program: Clean, Separate, Cook, and Cool. Developed specifically for child care providers in the CACFP environment, it provides four hours of face-to-face food safety training for foodservice employees in child care.
Presented by: Lenora Phillips, MS, RD, Institute of Child Nutrition