- 2 (8 oz eq) packages tempeh
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 (18 oz) bottle favorite barbecue sauce
- Cut tempeh into 60 even cubes. Each tempeh package should give 30 cubes.
- In a medium pot, add tempeh and 1 cup of vegetable broth. The liquid should cover about half of the tempeh. Cover the pot. Heat broth on high heat for about 5 minutes. Most of the liquid should be absorbed or evaporated.
- Adjust stove to medium heat and add the oil and then the tempeh. Stir tempeh frequently until tempeh appears golden on both sides.
- Add the entire bottle of barbecue sauce to the pot. Stir the barbecue sauce with the tempeh and cook until sauce begins to look sticky. Serve warm!
6 tempeh cubes provide 1 1/2 oz eq meat alternate