- 6 cups pinto beans, canned, drained and rinsed
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 15-oz. can tomatoes, crushed in puree
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Combine tomato paste, water, crushed tomatoes and all seasonings for a smooth sauce.
- Add drained, rinsed pinto beans and stir to combine. Heat to 135° F and serve immediately.
- Place 3/4 cup pinto beans in sauce on plate with a serving of cornbread.
Suggested serving: Prepared cornbread, such as MyPlate's recipe.